Guest ranch vacations offer their fair share of chances to get Christmassy. And with just one more day until the countdown to the Big Day begins, Top50 has come up with 10 wonderful ways to get that festive feeling flowing!
1. Tinsel up! Braid some of the sparkly stuff through his headstall, and hit the trail in style.
2. Go on a sleigh ride Loads of ranches offer great horse-drawn sleigh rides in winter - including The Ranch at Rock Creek, Tod Mountain and Vista Verde
3. De-stress Easier said than done in the run-up to Christmas, but it’ll make a hectic festive schedule much more enjoyable. A Baan Thai massage, like that offered at Echo Valley Ranch & Spa, should do the trick.
4. Watch Christmas movies Resist the temptation to watch Cowboys and Aliens for the hundredth time, and reach for something more traditional. The Ranch at Rock Creek has its own cinema, perfect for watching old festive favourites on the big screen.
5. Cozy up by the fire With a mug of steaming hot chocolate in hand, of course. Curl up fireside at the likes of Echo Valley Ranch & Spa and Tod Mountain Ranch, and it’ll feel just like home.
6. Go skikjoring! Skiing is so last year – the only way to head out on skis, according to Triple Creek Ranch, is to be pulled along behind a horse. Just remember to watch out for flying hooves!
7. Go sledding It’ll bring back childhood Christmas memories and inspire new ones in your kids. Vista Verde Ranch offers great sledding during winter, to please the whole family.
8. Deck the halls There’s nothing like transforming a space into a magical Christmas wonderland to get you feeling well and truly festive. And just because you’re on vacation, that’s no exception. Spend Christmas at The Ranch at Rock Creek and you can cut down your own Christmas tree, before decorating it back at the ranch in your own private room.
9. Sing Christmas songs No, we don’t mean renditions of Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas – traditional carols are the only way to go! Head to Tod Mountain and join in at the local carol service on Christmas Eve, then head back to the ranch where mulled wine and mince pies await.
10. Get baking And make it fun (albeit messier) by getting your children involved too – why not encourage them to bake Christmas cookies or gingerbread houses with you? Festive baking sessions are just some of the ways ranches like Lone Mountain Guest Ranch makes Christmas extra-special for kids.