Best Christmas ranch vacations
Make Christmas 2012 one you'll remember forever. Surprise the kids with a winter ranch vacation or escape with a loved one for the festive season...
Brush Creek Ranch in Wyoming has festive family escapes all wrapped up. Choose from sleigh rides and horseback riding, fishing and shooting, snowshoeing and snowmobiling, all topped off with authentic western festivities. Great for... Family adventure
Bar W Guest Ranch in Montana hosts special winter Ski and Stay packages, which include ski lift tickets, lodging and a sleigh ride dinner. Great for… Skiing
C Lazy U Ranch in Colorado gives you your own Christmas tree to decorate, caroling, sleigh rides and endless winter ranch activities. Watch Santa arriving in a horse-drawn sleigh on Christmas Eve with presents for everyone, then feast on traditional Christmas dinner on the big day. Great for... A home from home
The High Lonesome ranch in Colorado offers comfortable western elegant lodgings, and an 'a la carte' menu of activities including hiking, trail rides, wagon rides, wing shooting, sporting clays, eco-tours, cooking classes, yoga, and more. Great for... Tailor-made luxury
Sugar and Spice Ranch in Texas is running a special mother-daughter Christmas break between 29 December - 1 January. What better gift to give your daughter on Christmas day? Great for... Mom-daughter bonding
The Resort at Paws Up transforms into a magical Montana winter wonderland at Christmas. Packages include cross-country skiing, snowmobiling excursions to your own personal Santa, a Christmas Eve party for the kids, sleigh rides through frosted forests and ice skating on the ranch's outdoor rink. Magic! Great for... Families
Special offer Tod Mountain Ranch in BC, Canada, is offering special 2013 rates for all bookings made by the end of 2012. Book and pay your deposit before 31 December and get a 2013 vacation at 2012 rates - PLUS a 15% discount! Available on all dates and packages in the 2013 season.
C Lazy U - Thanksgiving special!
Turkey, pumpkin pie, family time... everyone loves Thanksgiving. And no one does it better than the C Lazy U Ranch in Colorado!
Bring your attitudes of gratitude and share the holiday weekend with the ranch on 21-25 November. Tuck into traditional dinner on Thanksgiving Day and 3 gourmet meals daily, for only $325 per adult per night*.
Special offer Book 3 nights, get the 4th FREE!
*$150 per child per night, minimum 2-night stay
Top 3 ways to see in the New Year
1. Celebrate with friends and book The Pond House at Colorado's High Lonesome Ranch. Housing 16 guests, the tri-level home features a huge kitchen, great room with pool table, card table and large flat panel TV, living room, dining area and porch. Now that's where the party's at!
3. Eat, eat, eat! New Year at The Resort at Paws Up starts with a five-course dinner in the award-winning restaurant, Pomp, and doesn’t end until a lavish breakfast buffet the next morning. Yum!
4. Ditch tradition Who needs fireworks? See in the New Year with peace and serenity at Canada's Echo Valley Ranch and Spa, cozied up in the forest with a hot drink around the fire, or sipping champagne under a million dazzling stars.
Editor's pick: Winter escapes
- Triple Creek Ranch Action adventure escapes include skiing, ice fishing, sledding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling - and the famous skikjoring! One for adrenaline junkies.
- McGinnis Meadows Ranch Only serious riders need apply (but all levels catered for)! Learn Buck Brannaman-style horsemanship in the heated indoor arena, and get to grips with cattle work.
- Don't like the cold? Then head for working ranches Chico Basin Ranch in Colorado or Texas Ranch Life, where winter is lovely and mild.