Top50 Ranches and Discover Outdoor Life kicks off its travel web series, Discover Ranches, featuring The Hideout Lodge and Guest Ranch.
”Discover Ranches”, the new web series featured at DiscoverOutdoorLife.com kicks off with: “The Hideout: Inspiration” -an episode sure to inspire people around the globe. It features The Hideout Lodge and Guest Ranch in Shell, Wyoming, an all-inclusive upscale working cattle and riding ranch renown for its horsemanship program. The episode takes a look at ranch operator Mirjan Decabooter’s journey from being a non-rider, afraid of horses, to becoming an accomplished horsewoman who now leads expeditions and teaches others how to ride.
“Mirjan came from a metropolitan city in Belgium to Shell, Wyoming to operate a ranch where she knew nothing about the people, the culture, let alone horses. She learned to overcome a fear of horses, learned the language, and became an excellent horsewoman. All of us at Discover Outdoor Life find her to be a true inspiration -not just to women but people everywhere,” says Kerry Lambert, Producer.
The Hideout Ranch and Guest Lodge
If riding is your thing, then look no further. The Hideout is also a hard-core equestrian’s dream with its variety of topography and freedom. With excellent wranglers and a top-notch horsemanship program, the ranch offers vacations for all levels of rider - from 'never ridden to rode it all my life'. Participate in a cattle drive, dine on excellent food and retire to spacious, well-appointed cabins, most with beautiful views of the dramatic Wyoming landscape.
Discover Ranches Travel Series
In an effort to bring awareness and support to the vital institutions integral to the nation’s history, forests, and native range lands, Discover Ranches takes the viewer to the heart of ranches and ranch vacations, exploring the stories behind the guardians of timeless landscapes, supporters of local communities, creators of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, producers of cattle, and cultivators of award-winning food.
Each episode explores one ranch and its unique offerings like world-class fly fishing in pristine waters, open-range cattle herding, horseback riding in wide open spaces, cooking demos by five-star chefs, fun family experiences, unequalled warmth and hospitality, and more.
In addition to The Hideout Ranch and Guest Lodge, the series’ first season will include: The Ranch at Rock Creek, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort and Spa, Brush Creek Ranch, Rowse's 1+1 Ranch, Deep Canyon Guest Ranch, Red Horse Mountain Ranch, Averill's Flathead Lake Lodge, and Texas Ranch Life.
Discover Outdoor Life is an on-line network dedicated to the outdoor enthusiast. It includes informative articles, user reviews, videos, and pictures, and of course its own series, ‘Discover Ranches’. Both efforts were created by long-time rancher and Top50 Ranches Business owner Jody Dahl, and television producer Kerry Lambert (Food Network, Discovery Channel, The Cooking Channel, PBS).
Discover Ranches sponsors include DeBruycker Charolais, Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Top50 Ranches, Back in the Saddle, Ameripride, Ranch & Reata magazine, and Ubiquitas Design.
For more information about the Discover Ranches travel series: www.discoveroutdoorlife.com, or email ExploreIt@DiscoverOutdoorLife.com
- Ranch Vacations are integral to not only our history, but to the preservation and sustainability of our land and the people around.
- The underlying purpose of Discover Ranches Travel Series is to preserve the ranching heritage and shed light on how ranches are making greater contributions to the land and people around them.
- Unlike some tourism products out there, your typical guest ranch is a business inextricably linked with altruism and a love of the human condition, animals, the ecosystem, community and authentic connection with the land.
- Ranchers feel so passionately about the land on which they live and sharing that love with the visitors who join their families, that a great deal of time is dedicated and devoted to protecting the environment through constant collaboration, education and advocating sustainable practices, and supporting local communities.
- Ranch Vacations are an education whereby many guests’ lives are forever changed. As Bill Porcher, wrangler at Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort, states ‘…many guests have said this was the most life-changing experience of their lives’.
- As ranch vacation owner, Debbie Atha of Free Rein Guest Ranch states, ‘only with the continued patronage of our inspirational guests can we persist in in these missions to make the world a better place. Guests at a ranch are touched in some unique way that they never thought possible and are educated and motivated on a larger scale to also make an impact on the land and people around them’.
Your endorsements to this campaign makes an impact on a larger scale and helps make the underlying purpose - and larger contributions - by ranches achievable.