10. Campfire Cookouts and marshmallow roasts
9. Pretend they're John Wayne for a week
8. Camp out under the stars
7. Make new friends
6. Dig for worms and catch a fish
5. Wide open spaces to explore
4. Riding with Authentic Cowboys
3. Can see where their food comes from
2. Animals, lots of animals
1. Freedom!! Freedom to be a child!
We have had the lucky experience being apart of a child's first dude ranch vacation. And, let us tell you, it's one of the most enjoyable things you could ever be apart of.
Children just seem to come alive on a ranch. You will create the most lasting memories at a dude ranch vacation with your child. Stop and think...will a child be able to tell you the name of the hotel they stayed? Or, will they be able to tell you the name of the cowboy, horse, and cow dog they "hung out" with...
Dude Ranch Vacations create lasting memories in the mind of a child. It's a true eye-opening experience and one they'll never forget. Every child who has ever visited our ranch has said at the end of their stay, "Could I work here one day?"
So, load your family up and take them on a family dude ranch vacation!
Photo courtesy of Alisal Ranch, California
You can also learn more about Alisal's children's programs at www.alisal.com