To really experience life on a working ranch, you have to live it. And that’s what guests do when they visit Rowse’s 1+1. In its latest episode, Discover Ranches reveals a day in the life of this working ranch located in Burwell, Nebraska. “They just want to live out their dreams.” Says owner and rancher Tammy Rowse.
There are no luxurious spa treatments, yoga, or nose-to-tail rides. Guests participate in daily ranch life, which sometimes can be very challenging, and includes working cattle, riding, roping, branding, driving the herd, and sorting cattle. But it’s clear that work is what guests are there for, and they certainly aren’t deterred— as evidenced by the ranch’s number of return clientele.
Rowse’s 1+1 is known for wide open spaces, genuine hospitality, phenomenal horses, and rides with a purpose. At Rowse’s, guests live a real ranching life, and experience the simple pleasures of western American heritage. No matter the season, guests get plenty of time in the saddle. Spring brings the excitement of calves and foals being born, working cattle, cattle drives, and brandings. Summer brings long pasture rides, checking cattle, cattle drives, working cattle, cowboy socials, team roping, and team penning. October is fall Round-Up, which involves long cattle drives on horseback, team roping, and penning. Discover Ranches Discover Ranches takes you to the heart of ranches and ranch vacations, exploring the stories behind the guardians of timeless landscapes, supporters of local communities, creators of once-in-a-lifetime experiences, producers of cattle, and cultivators of award-winning food. The new international travel series features on Discover Outdoor Life, an on-line network dedicated to the outdoor enthusiast. The ranches profiled for the first season are: The Ranch at Rock Creek, The Hideout Lodge and Guest Ranch, Brush Creek Ranch, Rowse's 1+1 Ranch, Deep Canyon Guest Ranch, Red Horse Mountain Ranch, Averill's Flathead Lake Lodge, Devil's Thumb Resort and Spa, Chico Basin Ranch, and Texas Ranch Life. Discover Ranches sponsors include DeBruycker Charolais, Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort, Top50 Ranches, Back in the Saddle, Ameripride, Ranch & Reata magazine, and Ubiquitas Design. For more information: www.DiscoverOutdoorLife.com; DiscoverRanches.com or email ExploreIt@DiscoverOutdoorLife.com
- Ranch Vacations are integral to not only our history, but to the preservation and sustainability of our land and the people around.
- The underlying purpose of Discover Ranches Travel Series is to preserve the ranching heritage and shed light on how ranches are making greater contributions to the land and people around them.
- Unlike some tourism products out there, your typical guest ranch is a business inextricably linked with altruism and a love of the human condition, animals, the ecosystem, community and authentic connection with the land.
- Ranchers feel so passionately about the land on which they live and sharing that love with the visitors who join their families, that a great deal of time is dedicated and devoted to protecting the environment through constant collaboration, education and advocating sustainable practices, and supporting local communities.
- Ranch Vacations are an education whereby many guests’ lives are forever changed. As Bill Porcher, wrangler at Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort states, ‘…many guests have said this was the most life-changing experience of their lives’.
- As ranch vacation owner, Debbie Atha of Free Rein Guest Ranch states, ‘only with the continued patronage of our inspirational guests can we persist in in these missions to make the world a better place. Guests at a ranch are touched in some unique way that they never thought possible and are educated and motivated on a larger scale to also make an impact on the land and people around them’.