Press Release - Triple Creek Ranch
Triple Creek Ranch Winter Activities 2011
Triple Creek Ranch Dec 21 2010
TRIPLE CREEK RANCH ANNOUNCES JANUARY AND FEBRUARY 2011 PROGRAMS
Schedule Features New Year’s Special Events, Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day Celebrations, Skiing, Winter Horseback Riding, Cooking School, and Nature and Birding
Darby, Montana – December 2010 – Triple Creek Ranch, Montana’s all-inclusive Relais & Châteaux hideaway, announces its winter activities program beginning with a Christmas celebration and continuing through the end of February. In the picture-book setting of the Bitterroot Mountains, guests are invited to ski and participate in holiday celebrations, horseback riding, nature and birding tours, and cooking classes. New Year's visits require a three-night minimum stay; all other programs can be scheduled for as many days as desired. Prices start at $750 per cabin, per night, per couple. Rates include all meals (breakfast, lunch, gourmet candlelight dinner), house wines and cocktails, snacks, unlimited use of the fitness center, and all ranch activities (on-ranch trail rides, ice fishing, guided nature tours, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and more).
• Downhill and Cross-Country Skiing – Daily through February 28 – The Ranch’s Northern Rockies setting offers an inviting choice of downhill and cross-country sites for skiers and snowboarders of all experience levels… without the crowds of other Western ski resorts. Cross-country skiing is offered all week at Chief Joseph Pass, and transportation and equipment are provided. Downhill skiers receive free lift tickets, equipment rental, and transportation to Lost Trail Powder Mountain Ski Resort Thursday-Sunday, daily December 23-January 2, with extended hours on Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day. Lunch is included.
• New Year’s Eve 2011 – Fireworks over the Bitterroot Mountains and a New Year's Eve horseback ride highlight this celebration along with a gourmet dinner and live entertainment.
• Western Horsemanship Weekends – January 7-8, 2011; January 28-29, 2011 and February 25-26, 2011 – Under the tutelage of the ranch’s own Kristen Snavely, guests channel their inner cowboy or cowgirl in immersive weekends of horse handling and riding. All riding levels are welcome.
• Cooking School Weekends – January 14-15, 2011 and February 18-19, 2011 – Guests roll up their sleeves for a hands-on, in-the-kitchen experience with the ranch’s executive chef and culinary team. From wine pairing to dessert prep to basic technique, the Cooking School weekends showcase Triple Creek Ranch’s commitment to the culinary arts. The school includes morning and afternoon sessions.
• Nature and Birding Weekends – January 21-22, 2011 and February 25-26, 2011 – Up close-and-personal is the way to see the birds and wildlife of Montana’s Big Sky country. Experienced, sharp-eyed guides lead guests through the Bitterroot Valley in search of elk herds, moose, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, the region's 240 bird species, and dramatic vistas of Montana's mountains and canyons.
• Super Bowl XLV – February 5-6, 2011 – At Triple Creek Ranch, the big game is preceded by a weekend of exhilarating winter recreation, including downhill and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, guided nature tours and horseback riding. A pre-game Saturday night beer tasting and pairing dinner sets the mood for Sunday. Come game time, guests settle in for Chef Jake’s Super Bowl fare.
• Valentine’s Day – February 14, 2011 – With its rustic, fireplace-equipped log cabins and gourmet dinners, Triple Creek Ranch captures the essence of romance. Valentine’s Day dinner is a candlelit feast, with pairings of chocolate treats and wines. Executive Pastry Chef Troy Himmelman makes the evening even sweeter with an extravagant chocolate lover’s buffet.
Winter Activities at Triple Creek Ranch
A favorite destination of winter travelers, Triple Creek Ranch sits amidst the forested slopes of Montana's expansive Bitterroot Mountains. The wilderness setting affords guests access to Alpine skiing at nearby Lost Trail Powder Mountain (www.losttrail.com/) and Nordic skiing at historic Chief Joseph Pass. At the end of the day, guests return to rustic, yet luxurious log cabins with wood-burning fireplaces, a fully stocked and complimentary wet bar, freshly baked cookies and trail mix, and private (or nearby) hot tubs. Updated this year, all cabins feature new fabrics, appointments and original Western art, as well as direct-dial phones, satellite television, WiFi, and Blu-ray players.
Other winter adventures include ice fishing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, guided nature tours, and horseback riding through the Bitterroot National Forest. Glacier National Park Helicopter Tours can also be arranged. For relaxation, guests can enjoy massages in the privacy of their guest cabin and hot tub soaks among the Ponderosa pines.
About Triple Creek Ranch
A 2010 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards winner and rated the #1 US inn and #2 worldwide hotel in Travel + Leisure’s 2010 World’s Best Awards, Triple Creek Ranch is a Relais & Châteaux property and an Orvis-endorsed fly-fishing lodge and resort. Set against the breathtaking backdrop of the Montana Rockies and the 26,000-acre CB Ranch, Triple Creek Ranch accommodates guests in 23 luxurious Western-style log cabins (most with outdoor hot tubs). The ranch is known for its innovative cuisine, extensive wine cellar, and outstanding service. All-inclusive rates include a myriad of outdoor activities including trail rides, guided nature and birding tours, hikes, fly-casting lessons and snowshoeing; fitness center; 3 meals daily; snacks; house wines and cocktails; and in-room bar set-ups. Children 16 and over are welcome. The Guests Services desk can also arrange horseback riding, fly-fishing, snowmobiling, hiking, ATV tours, as well as downhill and cross-country skiing. Exceptional Western art is found throughout the property. Triple Creek Ranch is a repeat recipient of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence and the Wine Enthusiast Award of Distinction. www.triplecreekranch.com, 406-821-4600, 800-654-2943. Twitter: @TripleCreekRanc. Facebook: http://bit.ly/cHQjMo.
View more Press Releases