Do you know Cowboy Fashion?
Take our 11 question quiz to discover your Cowboy Fashion IQ...
A bit o' Cowboy Fashion History...
Many people have a false image of what the cowboys of the Old West actually wore when doing their job. When most people think of a cowboy in the times of million-acre open range ranches, they think of a cowboy with twin six-shooters in their holster, and looking like Buffalo Bill.
Actually, the cowboys back then didn't look much different from the simply dressed cowboys of today. Their clothing didn't focus so much as looking sophisticated, rather they simply wanted clothing that could stand up to the rigors of the Western Plains.
1. A group of saddle horses is called:
2. The proper term for a cowboy's riding whip is:
3. To dally is to...:
4. Female cows before they've had a calf are called:
5. Best way to describe a sorrel horse is:
6. Designs carved into a cowboy's saddle are called:
7. Fill in the blanks to this cowboy song, "Goodbye _ _ I'm leavin' Cheyenne"
8. A cowboy's favorite drink...:
9. Which activity does not occur at a branding...:
10. When a cowboy throws a hoolihan, he:
11. A cowboy's latigo is a leather strap that tightens:
12. How does a cowboy tell a storm is a'comin':
13. A cowboy measures his horse in...:
14. Touching a cowboy's hat is a sign of :
15. "You can put boots in the oven, but that don't make 'em biscuits" means...: