The World's Top Dude Ranch, Guest Ranch & Working Ranch Vacations
Enter search below
and / or
by ranch type
Dude Ranch Vacations
Guest Ranch Vacations
Working Ranch Vacations
and / or
New Mexico, USA
and / or
by nightly price
less than $225
$225 to $325
$325 to $425
by length of stay
Top50 exclusive discounts and events sign up here »
Take our 11 question quiz to discover your Cowboy Fashion IQ...
A bit o' Cowboy Fashion History...
Many people have a false image of what the cowboys of the Old West actually wore when doing their job. When most people think of a cowboy in the times of million-acre open range ranches, they think of a cowboy with twin six-shooters in their holster, and looking like Buffalo Bill.
Actually, the cowboys back then didn't look much different from the simply dressed cowboys of today. Their clothing didn't focus so much as looking sophisticated, rather they simply wanted clothing that could stand up to the rigors of the Western Plains.
1. Who is the oldest cowboy hat manufacturer in the US:
2. A cowboy hat's traditional purpose was to...:
3. Which are not chaps:
4. Levi's, originating in 1860s, were originally made out of what fabric:
5. Wrangler jeans debuted to the public in what year:
6. Most widely sold cowboy boot - popular to both men and women...:
7. A stampede string is:
8. Who was most responsible for popularizing the cowboy's buckle:
9. In 1880, a cowboy used what to hold up his pants:
10. Who is responsible being a national leader in western fashion:
11. Wool clothing was popular among cold weather cowboys because:
©2009-2015 Top50 Ranches
Horse-ConnectingBonanza Creek, Montana, USA