Ranch vacations – 15 things to make you happy in 2015!
Top 50 has 15 things that’ll guarantee you’ll have a very happy 2015 ranch vacation! The old adage ‘New Year New You’ is repeated constantly for a reason! A new year gives us the chance to put the old behind us and become excited for a happy, healthy start. We’ve put together a list of things we think will guarantee happiness over the next 12 months!
- Surprise a loved one – not just a partner – this Valentine’s Day. Whether you want to give a small gift like a framed photo of a happy memory, or go guns blazin’ with a big gesture like a surprise trip away, making someone you love smile will also make you smile!
- Step out of your comfort zone and try somethin’ new. Try your hand at an activity that gets the adrenaline flowing, like skiing, watersports, or horseback ridin’.
- Eat healthy, mood-boosting foods, like grass-fed meat, dark chocolate, and organic fruit and vegetables.
- Clear out your wardrobe! Ditch all those things you never wear and make space for any new things you need – especially if you’re planning a vacation, you’ll feel much less guilty about splashin’ out on new gear, and best of all you’ll feel de-cluttered and refreshed.
- Get fit! Of course everyone wants to look good, but humans were made to move and as you exercise, you release those fab feel-good hormones that help reduce stress levels.
- If you’re already a keen horse rider, why not take time to improve your riding/horsemanship skills? Try your hand at somethin’ new like western riding, or learn natural horsemanship.
- Book a vacation! We all need time out to recharge our batteries and rewarding yourself with something to look forward to will certainly put a smile on your face.
- Donate to charity – regularly giving to others less fortunate generates an awesome feeling inside, meaning our happiness increases, too!
- Take time out for yourself – meditate, read a book, or learn yoga.
- Get outdoors! Studies have shown that spending as little as 20 minutes outside in good weather not only boosts positive mood, but also broadens thinking and improves the working memory. Participants were also found to be substantially happier outdoors in all natural environments than they were in urban environments.
- Spend time helping others – research suggests that 100 hours per year (or two hours per week) is the optimal time we should dedicate to helping others in order to enrich our own lives and be happier.
- Spend your money on doing rather than having. Amazing experiences give us a better, longer-lasting feeling than having the latest items.
- Get an early night! Good sleep helps us repair and recharge, not getting enough promotes low mood and means we have no energy to do the things that make us happy.
- Get yourself pampered at a good spa and choose to spend your vacations somewhere with the option of relaxation.
- Look back at old photos of good times, like happy holidays, great days out and people you love. Guaranteed to get you crackin’ a cheesy grin!
We hope you have a real happy ranch vacation in 2015!