Chocolate chip cookies: Ranch recipe
Chocolate chip cookies are the ideal snack when you’re spending all day in the saddle on your dude ranch vacation - they're quick and easy to snack (not to mention delicious!) and will keep your energy levels up. These to-die-for cookies fit perfectly in your saddle bag and give you a much-needed energy boost for a few more hours’ riding on your dude ranch vacation. Try this recipe and you’ll never eat shop-bought cookies again!
Chocolate chip cookies
Makes 18 big cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
2. Using an electric or hand-held mixer, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
3. Mix in the sifted dry ingredients until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
4. Using a measuring cup or cookie cutter, form the cookie dough into shapes, about 1/4 cup at a time, and place onto a lined, greased baking sheet, spaced about 3 inches apart (see pic above). Bake for 15-20 minutes, then leave to cool on baking racks.
5. Saddle up and enjoy out on the trail on your dude ranch vacation!
For more ranch recipes and dude ranch vacations, visit Top50Ranches.com