Top 5 Rodeos - Try an authentic Rodeo then head to a Top50 Ranch
Sync your dude ranch vacation or riding holiday with one of these Top Rodeos!
Or visit any number of the Top50 ranches who offer the opportunity for the guests to get involved in rodeo activities right at the ranch.
5. Australia - Australian Professional Rodeo National Finals: The Australian Professional Rodeo National Finals is one rodeo event you won't want to miss. The national finals showcase Australia's most talented cowboys and cowgirls as they compete in a number of rodeo events, such as saddle bronc riding, bull riding, bareback bronc riding, ladies barrel racing and much more.
4. La Fiesta de los Vaqueros: La Fiesta de los Vaqueros is an annual rodeo event held in Tucson, Arizona. This popular outdoor rodeo features top-notch bull riding, barrel racing, team roping and steer wrestling by more than 650 cowboys and cowgirls. The Tucson Rodeo also has the world's longest non-motorized parade that features colorful, western-themed floats, festive Mexican folk dancers and historic spectacles the whole family will enjoy.
3. Rocky Mountain Stampede: The Rocky Mountain Stampede, also known as the Greeley Stampede, has been keeping the western heritage alive in Colorado for 89 years with its Pro Rodeo and kids rodeo events, as well as western art shows, demolition derbies, BBQs and music concerts. The Greeley Stampede is the world's largest Fouth of July rodeo and one you won't want to miss.
2. Cheyenne Frontier Days: Cheyenne Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming, is not called the "Daddy of 'em All" for nothing. A couple hundred thousand visitors come to this popular outdoor rodeo every year to see the exciting and fast paced rodeo acts. There are at least 10 different rodeo events and three track acts you can catch over the course of nine days. Not to mention a handful of awesome music concerts.
1. Calgary Stampede: The Calgary Stampede in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is one of the most famous and richest rodeos in the world. The 10-day Stampede is known for its authentic chuckwagon races, livestock exhibition and outdoor rodeo that draws over 1 million visitors per year. Visitors dress in their finest Western wear and participate in city-wide pancake breakfasts and barbecues.
Below is where the cowboy desires start - we had this little 4 year old tell us the other day, "I wanna be a real cowboy and get bucked off a horse..." Hmmm...just what a mother wants to hear!
Whether you head to one of Top50's dude ranch vacations, guest ranch vacation, working ranch vacations or book to a riding holiday estancia Argentina or on a riding holiday, or to a working ranch in New Zealand, or go horse trekking in Australia, Top50 can help you find that ideal ranch destination.