Alisal Guest Ranch's BBQ Bootcamp is back!
Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort invites you to BBQ Bootcamp on March 8-11, for a western-style cooking school featuring hands-on grilling, Dutch oven cooking, horseback riding and more!
Alisal Guest Ranch has been specializing in barbecue for over 60 years and now are letting guests in on a few of their trade secrets. During this three-night, four-day program, guests will hone their grilling skills, gain grilling confidence and learn the ins-and-outs of Santa Maria-style BBQ. Heading up the course is Alisal Executive Chef Pascal Godé, and guest chef Frank Ostini – grillmaster and owner of Hitching Post II. Each morning will be focused on a different aspect of grilling and afternoons will be free for horseback riding, golf, or a visit to Alisal’s spa. In the evenings, local winemakers will be on hand to pour some of the rich varietals for which the Santa Ynez wine region is known.
BBQ Bootcamp highlights
• Welcome reception with local beer master
• Western-style dinner to meet the class
• Morning seminar on grilling, from Ancho chiles to tri-tip, and everything else in-between with Chefs Godé and Ostini
• Free Afternoon for golf, horseback riding, or spa treatment
• Dinner prepared by Chefs Godé and Ostini featuring Hitching Post II Wines o Meet-your-Meat Seminar and Wine Tasting prior to dinner
• Private Breakfast Ride to the Old Adobe
• Dutch Oven Cooking Demonstration with the Alisal Wranglers
• Afternoon Spice Blending workshop and lunch with Chefs Godé and Ostini
• Grill-your-own-dinner with some help from the grill masters o Local celebrity winemakers and farmers on hand to pair wines with dinner
• Breakfast at your leisure and departure
BBQ Bootcamp package includes:
• Three-night stay in the Deluxe Cottage accommodations (all rooms have wood-burning fireplaces)
• Welcome basket with Western-style weekend accessories
• All meals, including special dinners with local winemakers, and brew masters
• Seminars on grilling methods and equipment, Dutch oven cooking, spice blending and more
• Leather-bound BBQ instruction and booklet
• Private Sunday morning breakfast ride to the Old Adobe
Package prices start at $2, 650 for four days and three nights, based on double occupancy.
Availability is limited, so book now to reserve your place. For reservations, email email@example.com or visit www.alisal.com.